Before they were award-winning restaurateurs, Jeff and Joy Stehney, were award-winning barbecue cooks. Their competition barbecue team, named Slaughterhouse Five, has won grand championships in each of the last three decades, from 1992 to 2017. The team has won more than twenty grand championships overall, including state championships in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama, Nebraska, and Oklahoma, as well as some of America’s most prestigious barbecue contests. Here is a sampling:
Grand Champion, American Royal Open, 1993
Grand Champion, American Royal Invitational, 1995
Reserve Grand Champion, American Royal Invitational, 1996
Reserve Grand Champion, American Royal Open, 2007
Grand Champion, World Brisket Open, 1992
Reserve Grand Champion, World Brisket Open, 1992
Reserve Grand Champion, Jack Daniel’s World BBQ Championship, 1995
1st Place BBQ Sauce, Jack Daniel’s World BBQ Championship, 1996
This crowd-pleasing combo is a tribute to the team's scores of championships and features five delicious smoked meats.
Gluten and MSG free
- Whole pork shoulder (click for reheat info) – One package, 2 lbs.
- Sliced brisket – One package, 1 lb.
- House-made sausage links – One package, 1 lb.
- Smokie Joe – chopped brisket and pork, in barbecue sauce – One container, 1.5 lbs.
- Smoked sliced turkey – One package 1 lb.
- Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que Sauce - Two 14.5 oz. bottles