Front Line Cashier Job Posting
The Front Line Cashier is integral for the position's customer-facing responsibilities. In this position, you are the face of the brand, as you likely have the most interaction with each customer. The Front Line Cashier is responsible for creating a positive, meaningful customer experience while carrying out duties such as ringing up customers at the cash register, accepting payment via credit/debit card or cash and returning change as necessary.
An ideal candidate for this position would have a high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience operating a restaurant cash register is preferred, and the ability to serve and pour alcohol is also a plus. The ability to work well with others, take direction and work well under times of intense pressure are important. Availability to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings and weekends, and strong communication, organizational and multitasking skills are all a must for this position. Our Front Line Cashiers are expected to have excellent customer service, hospitality skills and menu knowledge, as well as exceptional math skills to calculate proper change. Front Line Cashiers must answer, report, and follow all supervisory instructions and directions.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Repeat customer orders at the counter
- Receive payments and present change to customers as necessary
- Ensure accuracy of collection and disbursement of money to customers
- Issue receipts to customers and obtain signatures as necessary
- Organize receipts to separate tipped versus non-tipped receipts
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality, and in a timely fashion
- Provide high level of customer service and hospitality
- Manage the register, including all credit card/cash operations, responsible for any overage/shortage of register
- Dispense beverage cups and/or alcoholic beverages when ordered
- Ensure that to-go orders have all necessary condiments
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Maintain adequate stock of all retail products, cups, sauce, paper goods, sodas, bottle water, and beer.
- Must pass ServSafe test
- Perform other duties as assigned